Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in yourback yard in the open air question

Local grocery store has advantage card program, every month or two i
earn a free tank of gas up to 30 gallons.

I ALWAYS get 30 gallons my van holds near 20 but i dont like to run it
low, gas pump in tank, the gasoline cools the pump. so i try to never
need more than 17 galllons.

which leaves 15 gallons or less to bring home.

i buy gas at nearby station and drive directly home. gasoline goes in
my shed it has power but its well vantilated.and in a fenced in yard.

i have stored over 30 gallons in those 5 gallon plastic cans.

you could use one of those tiny yard storage buildings or a garbage
can over a couple of 5 gallon cans but a weight on top.

life is full of risks its imposible to avoid all of them, far better
to not stress so much.....