Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default working with plexiglass

In article , notbob wrote:
On 2010-07-21, Larry Jaques wrote:

Greenhouse friends of mine from the 1970s use acetone exclusively for
their orchid containers. All solvents which attack acrylic will damage
the surface and most work really well for glue. Acetone is thin, quick
drying, and has a very nice capillary action. shrug

Yeah. I guess I was just hallucinating when the whole class used it
in a Summer school crafts shop dedicated to working with Fiberglas.

Fiberglass and plexiglas are *not* the same thing. Acetone is an excellent
solvent for the resins that make up the former; it has no effect on the
latter.
Musta been from sniffing all that acetone.