Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9140 Ignoramus9140 is offline

Default Thanks to all who talked me out of repairing the Heidenhaincontroller

On 2010-07-21, john wrote:

Put a couple of handwheel encoders on it and you could operate it just
like a manual. I run our Sugami CNC with the manual hand wheel all the
time for one off parts. All the tooling is already set up. MDI is also
an easy way to go too, especially if you have some macros for bolt
circles and the whole boatload of g codes. As someone said recently,
you got to think outside the box to get things done.

I think that even one off things, are best handled with G
codes. Mostly, for hand control, I only see repair applications like
"drill out this broken bolt" or some such.