Bob Summers

Default Powermatic III tablesaw questions...

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:18:53 GMT, "Lynn" wrote:

My brother-in-law has a Powermatic III table saw that is in need of a new
motor. Any ideas on where to buy a replacement for this unit?
Has a Baldor 3hp motor.

Also, is the Powermatic III the same as a Powermatic 66?

Thanks for the help,

Lynn

The "III" you're talking about is most likely the Powermatic
trademark. I think it's a stylized "PM".

With (only) a 3 HP motor, it's probably Model 66. Powermatic
does make bigger cabinet saws. Mine has the modle number
stamped in a plate below the blade raising handle.

I'd start here for a new motor:
http://www.powermatic.com/PMWood/PMWoodIndex.html

I think it's a standard motor. If not, I'm sure someone
will correct me. :-) There may be a NEMA frame (i.e. C)
marked on the motor nameplate. With that, you should
be able to get a motor that fits almost anywhere.

I'd also check a local motor rewind shop or two and Dealers Electric:
http://www.dealerselectric.com/ before I bought a new
one.

Bob S