Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default How to replace a Creda T632CW tumble dryer jockey wheel

Anyone know please how to replace the jockey wheel and arm (part number
x245677 or c00165972) on a Creda T632CW condensing tumble dryer?

One of the 2 jockey wheels which tension the belt has lost its bearing.
I have removed the side panel and released the belt from the jockey
wheels. It looked then to be an easy job. That was hubris time. I
cannot remove the jockey wheel. The arm which simply slots into the
mounting bracket will not rotate far enough for me to free it from the
mounting bracket. It hits the motor spindle. And I cannot easily release
the whole mounting bracket as the motor is bolted to it.
Is it necessary to remove the motor in order to replace a jockey wheel?
If so, from the back or the front please?

Photo here in case it helps given the vast number of different but
similar models:

http://cid-1bbee34630609569.photos.l...32CW/RHS-2.JPG

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com