Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default OT homeplug phenomenon?

On 21 July, 10:47, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Jul 20, 10:27 pm, Jim K wrote:

On 20 July, 21:59, Andy Burns wrote:

Jim K wrote:
got 3 homeplugs on a home network -

when (for testing purposes) I plug a fourth in to a socket near where
an existing homeplug is plugged in, one of the other distant homeplugs
stops working properly (IP cam - no picture). But if I plug the fourth
one into a socket further round the *same 240v circuit* as before- all
is well.....???? any clues/thoughts please?

Are any of the homeplugs in sockets that are spurs (or 4way extension
leads) rather than directly on the ring? sounds like some sort of
reflection issue ... after all the mains is acting as an unterminated bus.

mmm interesting.... the remote ip cam (that goes awol when the fourth
homeplug is plugged in) is on a 4gang lead,
another homeplug is in a 6gang lead on a desktop, and the router's
homeplug is in another 4gang lead....

NB they don;t all go down - just appears to be the IP cam homeplug
that fails?

Is that a "requirement" that they plug straight into a "direct circuit
fed mains wall socket" ?? (for want of a better description!)

Cheers
Jim K

Try RTFM.

MBQ