Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
notbob notbob is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing inyour back yard in the open air question

On 2010-07-21, Bill Murphy wrote:

Is it all that dangerous to keep 20 gallons of gas in the back yard?
Is it illegal to trasnsport more than 5 gallons (California) in a car?

Whatever you do, don't ask a govt agency!

When I still lived in CA, my buddy wanted to buy av-gas for his
stroked HD. The airport, jes down the street, wouldn't sell it to him
until he a).... b).... c)... etc. He then tried to comply with
those requirements and called the Fire Dept for info. It got real
regulatory and really expensive very quickly. Only if stored in yada
yada...! He finally went with low compression heads for his stroker.
CA is real anal about that kinda stuff. I went one better and moved
to CO.

nb