Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Bill Murphy Bill Murphy is offline

Default Transporting 20 gallons of gas in your trunk and storing in your back yard in the open air question

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:56:49 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:
First are you using legal explosion proof container to increase safety
margin? Do you smell gas when your car is parked in the garage?

To answer your question, I never smell fumes. I'm using those CARB EPA
Blitz gasoline prisons. The gas has been tested to not lose an ounce (they
test loss by weight) even after a year in the sun.

The article referenced says it's safe to store small amounts of gasoline in
the garage or other well ventilated shelter.

It doesn't say anything about transport.

Any ideas what the laws are on transport?