Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dont tread on me.....

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:12:27 -0400, "ATP"
wrote:

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

A single example are..."Fees"..which are not considered "taxes"

Fees are not taxes. Look it up.

I don't want any part of the larger debate you guys have going, but this
is a pet peeve. When the government cannot increase taxes, either for
political reasons or because the legislature has forbidden it, then the
solution is to add or increase fees. The net result is extraction of more
and more money from the citizens.
Play semantics all you want, but the net result is more money to support
more government.

As long as the fees are in line or below the cost of providing the service,
they are user fees, not to levy them forces the rest of the population to
subsidize the users of that service. That seems pretty clear to me. The
value proposition of how much we pay versus how much we get from government
is a separate question, and I agree that fee increases without offsetting
tax decreases or additional services represents an increased cost of
government with no extra benefit.

Then of course..you support Parking meters with a 15 minute window.

Right?

Gunner

Gunner Asch