Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default The mill has homing switches on all axes

Ignoramus21191 wrote:

I understand that with homing switches, my mill could very rapidly home
itself in all three dimensions at once. Which is a plus. At the same
time, it is not an absolute necessity.

What is your definition of 'rapid'?

Next thing, when you hit the home switch, you want the once per rev marker pulse to be as
close to 180 degrees away from switch closure/opening depending as possible. Mechanical
switches are not very precise. If you set things up where the once per rev marker, I'll
call it the Z marker since that is what I'm used to is very close to the uncertanty zone
of a micro switch, you can have a axis that is off one pitch at random times.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller