Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some kind of macro system for G-codes, for linux

On 2010-07-20, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:56:56 +0100
David Billington wrote:

snip
I would replace the Windows calculator with
it. Been using RPN since about 1976 so anything else "normal" is a pain.

Have you seen or tried Xcalc?

===
XCALC is my little hobby project -- a Win32 (2000+, 98+) RPN calculator
completely free to use, and immediately downloadable from he

(But please read the Spiceware section below!)

XCALC version 2.9.4 (190 kB zip)

Other versions - see below.

The latest release of XCALC is version 2.9.4. This makes writing XCALC
programs quite a bit easier.

I have only tested this version on Win XP pro, but I assume it works
well with any version of Windows upwards from 98 or 2000. I believe
that neither NT4 nor Win95 will do any more. Wine (under Linux) works
mostly quite well, but read the bugs section under online help
(admittedly a little difficult, since the main problem is help support).

How is this related to the somewhat older unix xcalc for un
under the X11 windowing system (thus the initial 'x' in the program
name.)

And in particular -- why run a windows version of xcalc on a
linux (unix) system under a Windows emulator when the native unix
version is available?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564