Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Moving a cast iron bath

In message 20n1o.271525$Yb4.146695@hurricane, The Medway Handyman
writes
geoff wrote:
In message HHc1o.58830$xf1.39770@hurricane, The Medway Handyman
writes
Andrew Mawson wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message news:4c01o.309318$Hs4.33411@hurricane...
Alan Braggins wrote:
In article

,
geraldthehamster wrote:
On Jul 19, 1:24 pm, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

Lateral thinking is required he Coffer dam round the house.
Plug firmly in bath. Flood coffer dam to first floor level and
float bath in through window. Drain coffer dam and remove.
Simples G

And a person in it, with a paddle. What flag should be flown?

D - "Keep clear of me; I am manoeuvering with difficulty.", I
imagine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...e_signal_flags

(A friend of mine once described getting a cast iron bath
downstairs with great difficulty, only to find that the scrap
merchant who was collecting it immediately broke it up with a
sledge hammer before putting the now much easier to handle chunks
in his truck....)

I removed a cast iron bath from my father in laws years ago. I
heard all about this 'bash it with a hammer' trick, so I tried it.
My ears were still ringing a week later and the bath was unscathed!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Chip away a bit of the porcelain with a cold chisel then drill a
hole in the cast iron. Then wack with hammer. The hole acts to
concentrate the stress of the blow (a 'stress riser') and it will
break far more easily.

Nowwww heeee tellsssss meeeee :-)

Is that a "ding" ?

What? Pardon?

"Dong" then

Lets all call TMH names while he can't hear us ...

--
geoff