Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Odd electric motor behavior -- pool pump

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 9:29 am, Ivan wrote:
Sometimes, when I start my pool pump motor, it turns for a few
revolutions, then pops the circuit breaker. Other times, it starts
and runs normally. This is not a case of clogged skimmers. Before
the breaker pops, I can run the electric light in the pool shed--the
breaker only pops when I switch the motor on.

The motor is ju-u-u-st out of warranty --installed May '09. Before I
spend $370 replacing it I want to be sure it's the motor and not some
electrical glitch in my wiring, or a problem with the pool pump. Any
suggestions?

Is it old...........

Reading problems, eh? He clearly answered that question in his original
message.