Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Wal-Mart fights back

On Jul 20, 8:58*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"notbob" wrote in message

news
On 2010-07-20, HeyBub wrote:

I understand that Wal-Mart will NEVER settle a meritless "slip-and-fall"
case. They may lose money defending such a case but their theory is that
vigorous defense against a single nuisance suit deters 100 others.

Hey, when you've got more money than god. what's a few legal fees. *I
doubt they give a flying crap about other nuisance suits. *It's just a
simple exercise in power. *They have more money than they can possible
use, so what else can they do for chuckles. *Howzabout flex some muscle
and see who we can make flinch. *Oooh... lookee!! *The US government!
Jinkies.

nb

What legal fees? They have salaried lawyers. Employees of the company, in
other words.

Right. Employees are free. No salaries, no employment taxes, free.
I wonder why 17% of the workers are un(der)employed?