Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Law and G-Codes for an AK47 was Is there any public library of G-codes

Ignoramus21191 on Mon, 19 Jul
2010 09:57:42 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Guns as investments? What next, designer handbags as investments?
Counting time in a whorehouse as an investment? "I just invested in a
great blowjob"

Would you rather have a great blow job, or a mediocre one? Sheesh,
some people just have no appreciation for quality customer service.

Yes, guns go up and down in price, sometimes, but that does not make
them "investments".

Yes, guns as an investment. Not necessarily because the price
will go up, but because by buying "quality" one spends less over time.
If one buys and wears one pair of shoes, they will last approximately
a year. If you buy two pairs, and alternate, they will last
approximately three years.
I've a friend who buys cheap knives all the time. Why? Because
he loses them. "But he only paid a buck" - how many times? While I,
who am cheap, still have the same twenty dollar knife after all these
years. Now, who has spent^H^H^H^Hinvested his money wisely?
Do you buy the cheapest tools for your metal working? Or do you
demand quality tools in order to make a quality product? (Yes I know,
"the bad workman blames his tools", and in the hands of a master even
crappy tools can perform. But quality tools in the hands of a master
produce things of beauty.)

The fact that someone may be willing to pay more for a rifle I
bought is gravy. The fact that I can hit my target 9 out of 10 times
with it, is what matters to me; be it war surplus mauser, or custom
crafted Holland & Holland.

So, yes, "invest"in your firearms. Or be willing to accept
mediocre
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!