Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default [C&UOT] facebook friends

On 19 Jul 2010 20:58:47 GMT John Stumbles wrote :
. Is it that everyone else has done so and it's finding my
email addy in other people's address books and offering links
that way?

I think so. Even if they use the information ethically I think it
hugely irresponsible for FB to be asking me for my FastMail login
and password so they can vacuum my address book and use it for
suggestions. Everyone should be being told wrt all online services
that you don't give your login and password to any third party
ever.

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.eurobeam.co.uk www.greentram.com