Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The mill has homing switches on all axes

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:23:29 -0500, Ignoramus21191
wrote:

I wired all limit switches and verified behavior of every limit switch
and every estop button.

Now both estop buttons work. Also all five limit switches work.

I have also discovered something nice: the mill actually has separate
home switches on all axis.

However, the schematic that I have, has no reference to those, it may
be an extra option on my mill that is not reflected in standard
schematic.

I understand that with homing switches, my mill could very rapidly home
itself in all three dimensions at once. Which is a plus. At the same
time, it is not an absolute necessity.

Hook them up. You will ultimately be glad you did. Trust me.

Gunner, Machine tool service tech

Gunner Asch