Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [C&UOT] facebook friends

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:23:36 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Yes, I'm aware of that and I've kept my personal information on

there
down to pretty much name rank and number ... and a link to my

personal
web site (on which there's also not too much intimate personal

info).

Yes, if you're *going* to do it, it makes obvious sense to take
reasonable precautions - but I *still* don't understand the motivation
for doing it in the first place! Just what do you hope to achieve?

As you said employers search facebook. I'm half toying with having
some minimal information up there just so that I appear infront of
potential employers with basic work related information. Similarily
something on linkedin might be beneficial.

As for the other "I've just bought brocoli" stuff that is published
on facebook etc, I see very little point.

--
Cheers
Dave.