Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Making a ZCI for tablesaw

On 7/19/10 8:53 PM, wrote:
You know, sometimes the most simplest thing turns into
analysis paralysis.

Want to make ZCI insert for my JWTS-10 Jet. I bought a ZCI some
time ago and I measured the thickness - 3/8". I measured the one
on the JET, same and just for fun, I measured from the leveling
flange to the top of the saw 3/8".

To me, it sounds like 1) another router set up after I
already mount the flush bit to trim the blank 2) more time.

Why wouldn't you just use 3/8" ply or phenolic to make
a ZCI, trim it, drill for leveling screws and be done? I just
don't know why 1/2 material would be that much better?

It is easy and yes, you're thinking too much. Been there and was amazed
at how easy it was, after I finally just did it instead of planning it.

I used quality 3/4 Finnish birch plywood, then used a planer to get it
down to pefect thickness.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadid...earanceInsert#

Check out this video...
http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/146/...e-dado-insert/