Posted to rec.woodworking
woodstuff[_2_] woodstuff[_2_] is offline

Default Router lift recommendations

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
On 07/19/2010 08:43 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 02:33:42 -0500, "woodstuff"
wrote the following:

I do not recomment any Grizzly machinery. I have had lotsa problems

with a
Grizzly machine (GO454).
Don't get me started on that. A used machine made in the USA would be

about
the same cost and 10 times better.

And the other 99% of us have owned several Griz machines and haven't
had a lick of trouble with -any- of them. YMMV.

Add me to that list. I have the G0453 planer (the 15" version of the 20"

planer mentioned
above), G0440 2HP cyclone dust collector, and the G1495 lathe. My dad has

a 15" planer and
dust collector (both different models than mine), a 8" jointer, a G1035

shaper, and a 14"
bandsaw. No problems with any of them.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

I guess it is personal preference for me to not like Grizzly, and I am
probably unjustified in saying anything bad. I have a friend who has a
couple of their shapers and a bandsaw and he says that they do ok. So I
hereby backpetal on any comments about Grizzly.

woodstuff