Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Mig Welders

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 05:31:17 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

snip

It looks like today's Century welders are made by Lincoln. The Lincoln
sounds great, the current model I'm finding is a SP140T, do you know if
one
of those are suitable for auto body like I want? Currently I plan to get
bottle of Gas and some sheet metal and start practicing with the Century
and
looking at/for a Lincoln 120V SP.

I have no personal experience with the SP140T, but it has 4 taps
rather than continuous control. The SP140C would be a better choice
for autobody.

For more on this, see
http://reviews.ebay.com/BUYING-A-MIG...:-1:LISTINGS:1

Thanks, I found a Power Mig 140C but all the SP's I saw were "T" models.

I got power to my Century and burnt some flux core rod on some scrap iron.

I went by a welding supply and picked up an 80 CuFt tank of mix, I have a
new 2lb spool of .023 wire.

I plan to cut up some sheet metal and practice welding with my Century, then
see if the local Lincoln dealers has a demonstrator so I can compare.

I guess if I would ultimately like is a 120V mig for auto body and light
work, and a 230V 200+ amp for heavier welding and aluminum with a spool gun.

RogerN