Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Some kind of macro system for G-codes, for linux

On 2010-07-19, David Billington wrote:
Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus21191 wrote:

I really like having a general purpose computer on my mill. I play
music on it and can use XEmacs to edit my command files.

Huh? I sure can't hear music when my mill is running, unless I stuff
some ear buds inside my hearing protectors.

I use grpn for an HP-like calculator, emacs and sftp to move files
across the network.

Jon

Thanks for mentioning grpn, I'd not heard of it before so will have to
download it for use along side my 2 HP11Cs. Shame it doesn't appear to
be available for Windows as I would replace the Windows calculator with
it. Been using RPN since about 1976 so anything else "normal" is a pain.

And it will assist my two HP-15Cs and one HP-16c. It looks like
a nice superset of those -- except for the lack of the ability to write
programs in it. Quite a few nice additions, however, including the
parallel resistor calculation.

"xcalc" used to be a nice one with the "-rpn" option -- but it
does not seem to behave properly with CDE on Solaris 10. grpn compiles
nicely even on the old Solaris 2.6 systems.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564