Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Law and G-Codes for an AK47 was Is there any public library of G-codes

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:50:10 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:25:19 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"John R. Carroll" on Mon, 19 Jul 2010
05:50:35 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
m...
"John R. Carroll" on Sat, 17 Jul 2010
18:18:03 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
"Wes" wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:
They are not, however, for the which unwashed poverty stricken masses
suits me just fine.

Elitist?

Just being honest Wes.
Nothing more.

People making $40K have no business whatever with a five thousand
dollar

Why?

Because it offends your sense of priority?

It isn't responsible behavior.

Right, it offends your sense of priority, that someone else should
purchase something you don't think they should have, due to their
socio-economic status. Gad, you remind me why sumptuary laws were
passed in the 13th Century - jealousy of those who can afford the same
things as the nobility.
Your assumption is that they must have gone out and spent the rent
money on a rifle. Maybe that is what you do, but you are not
necessarily typical. The idea that they might have saved up for it
just doesn't seem feasible to you, now does it? Anyone making less
than 40,000 dollars a year must be part of the "unwashed poverty
stricken masses", nicht wahr? So obviously, they would lack your
perception and ability to budget for a big ticket item.
Fnord, the one guy I know who has the big ticket rifle, spent his
bonus check on it. Now I'm sure you would rather he had spent it on
another car he doesn't need, or beer and smokes, or something else
more in what you consider "fitting" for a farmer, but then you really
don't like it when Those People(tm) act like they're your equal, eh
no?

Or because you feel that others should not spend their money in a
manner they see fit?
They can be as stupid as they see fit.

On this we both agree- -there is no law against people being
stupid. Or at least there used to not be any such laws.

Then, absent any savings or other support of their own, they can eat
their
weapons when they need food and hide under them when they need shelter.

More assumptions on your part, but do feel free to continue to
project your misunderstandings in public.

See below.

Do you feel that others should have the authority to say what you
should be doing with your money? Of course you do.

They already do a lot of that without my liking it.
Them's the rules.

And you approve. And want the reading public to approve when you
decide that others should not be allowed to have the freedom to make
"stupid" choices. Do you feel that having others decide for you
what you will purchase, or not purchase is a good thing, or not?

rifle and if the want to spend that much of their income on a gun, they
can spend the $3,500.00 it taqkes to do the rest of what's required and
$2,500.00 for an attorney to make it happen for them.

Putting 25 percent or more of a years salary is somethng you do to
provide
for a home, not a toy you'll never have a real use for.

I see. Once again, you are projecting your own predilections on
another, as well as your disapproval of their socioeconomic
demographic. And you don't like it when people make their own
choices as to what is important in their lives.

Do you feel the same way about luxury cars? High End Computers?
First edition baseball cards?

Who cares what you feel, anyway?

Ask John about his Corvette......G

Plural.
My entire point from the beginning was that you can buy just about anything
you want if you can afford the price.
You guys were all saying that this stuff justr wasn't avaliable.
It is and it's expensive and I'm not particularly offended that this is the
case.

In the absence of big piles of disposable income, there are weapons readily
at hand cheaply that will do the job.
What I'm concluding is that you and your pal don't care as much about
utility as you do showing off.

JC

Moi? Showing off? Where? Be specific. Use as much white space as you
need.

There are hummm..3 pic..no ..5 pictures of me holding a weapon in the
internet...and in only one of them is my face exposed. And hardly is
that photo any sort of "exiteing thingy". Its simply a portrate.

So if I was trying to "show off"..there would be far far more pictures
of me holding a larger variety of weapons.

Now about those Corvetts you own? Wasnt there some better place to have
put that money? Best Buy stocks? Donate it to Our Lady of Unfettered
Crumpets?

Geeze John..you really shouldnt have bought those. Just spending money
so you can get a woodie...tsk tsk tsk

Gunner

Gunner Asch