Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Some kind of macro system for G-codes, for linux

On Jul 19, 7:29*pm, Winston wrote:

I vaguely remember instructions from some ARRL publication
that required one to score and *physically pry up* copper
laminate to create a (very simple) PCB. *Compared to that,
Marks-A-Lot is Star Trek technology. *

--Winston

At MITRE we couldn't have chemicals, so I had to cut and pull up
copper on Duroid prototype circuits. Luckily they were usually just
simple microstrip to test a component on the network analyzer. The
copper is mechanically bonded on Duroid and unlike glass/epoxy,
heating the copper with an iron doesn't loosen it very well. In a few
cases I milled it off.

jsw