Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default working with plexiglass

In article , -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/19/10 11:19 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
In ,

wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 14:59:44 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

Thanks, Upscale, that idea's a keeper.

You're welcome Doug. After first trying the process of increasingly
finer grits of sandpaper and then using the polishing compound, I
realized that impatience would get to me long before any edges were
polished. So, I looked for a shortcut.

It's been a few years since I had to do that, but the last time I did I
smoothed the edges as best I could with a file before digging out the
sandpaper. Took a lot less time than it would have to do everything with
sandpaper, but I'll surely give the scraper a try the next time I have to do
this. I expect it to be quite a bit faster than files.

It makes perfect sense that a scraper would work.

Of course it does. It just never occurred to me. That's why I'm grateful to
Upscale for mentioning it.