Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Boast (metal related)

A heavy duty cord like that would be a great cord for a 240/120 box, since
it has the additional conductor for the neccessary neutral conductor
(U.S.A.).

Since it's a little heavy to be luggaging around, winding it up on a
handtruck would make moving it very easy. The addition of the handtruck
would make a nice remote power center, possibly a tool box and a small work
shelf, with receptacles for light and heavy duty electrical equipment
(welder, drill, grinder, lights etc).

Having the cord carried by the handtruck might minimize dragging the cord on
the ground. If the cord is wound up on a reel on the handtruck, the cord can
be payed out as you roll the cart along.

--
WB

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Picked up 51 foot long 4 strand #6 flexible electrical cord at a garage
sale today. $10. (Also got a large box of sheet music for $ 3. I've
been collecting for over 5 decades)

Don't know what to do with the cord. I could cut it in half and put long
power leads on my mig & tig, or, I could buy a plug and socket and make a
51 foot extension cord for mig and tig. BTW, several years ago I changed
to plugs on my welders so they all match.

Not as good as Iggy on deals, but I'm trying.
Ivan Vegvary