Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21191 Ignoramus21191 is offline

Default Boast (metal related)

This is an awesome deal. The cable probably weighs 60 lbs?

I would also make an extension cord from it.

I got an 8 gauge, 70 foot cable from a welder that I resold. The
welder I bought at Illinois Railway Museum. Miller SRH-333 or
something.

On 2010-07-19, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Picked up 51 foot long 4 strand #6 flexible electrical cord at a garage sale
today. $10. (Also got a large box of sheet music for $ 3. I've been
collecting for over 5 decades)

Don't know what to do with the cord. I could cut it in half and put long
power leads on my mig & tig, or, I could buy a plug and socket and make a 51
foot extension cord for mig and tig. BTW, several years ago I changed to
plugs on my welders so they all match.

Not as good as Iggy on deals, but I'm trying.
Ivan Vegvary