Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT - Parking scam at Lidl

On Jul 17, 11:56*am, "John" wrote:
Clive George wrote:
On 17/07/2010 10:29, John wrote:

I see what you're saying but to me it's still not right. It's not
about what the shop allows or doesn't allow, it's about the
individual driver who chooses to do it. I just would not do it
because I truly believe that parking spaces at a shop are for
customers of that shop while they do their shopping in there. Once
you've finished, you move on and let someone else use that space
while they shop there. It's just common courtesy and good manners
rather than the 'I'm alright Jack and stuff anyone else' attitude.

If the car park isn't full, what problem are you causing?

Maybe no problem at all but that's not the point. It's the mindset that you
can do it, so you will do it.

No, it's the mindset that it's allowed and I can do it, so I will,
which is perfectly acceptable.

Your example of of the lanes in the road covers the mindset that it is
not allowed,according to the lane markings, but there's no physical
barrier to stop it being done so I will do it.

Two completely different scenarios.

MBQ