Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do you use crutches?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 00:38:09 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

I have not been to hospital.

So where did the crutches come from? Have you been shown or told the
correct length/height for them, that makes quite a difference to how
easy they are to use and it's not quite as intuative as one might
think.

That seems to work

For got to add make sure the crutches are firmly placed on a secure
surface (any lose rugs get rid of 'em!) and that the load is near
vertical.

(*) Are you sure it's just a sprain?

No.

Get yourself off to hospital and get an x-ray. I didn't think I'd
broken mine but the medial malleolus was completely detached from the
bottom of the tibia. If your wondering what the medial malleolus is,
it's the bony sticky out bit on the inside of your ankle.

--
Cheers
Dave.