Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Router lift recommendations

On Jul 18, 8:37*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:03:44 -0400, Upscale wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:36:48 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

20 years and replaced it with a Triton router about 7 years ago, it has a
built in lift and works well with the Bench Dog table.

Question about lifting the router while in the table. How
easy/accurate is it to operate? I'm guessing, maybe wrongly, that you
have to operate the lift with *your hands under the table. I'm just
wondering how convenient operating the Triton router lift is compared
to one of the above table adjustments. Obviously, there is a price
difference between the two, but that's not the question I'm asking.

The Triton router adjusts from above the table, apparently. *I've never used
one, so...

Bottom of the page:http://www.ptreeusa.com/routers.htm#8052*

Any of the Milwaukee routers adjusts from the top of the table. Not
just accurately, but damned fine machinery to boot.