Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default looking to use an old manual drill fwith sockets

On Jul 17, 8:37*pm, rlz wrote:
I have an old handcrank drill (see link for similiar style)

http://ecoble.com/wp-content/uploads...-dril-by-dana-...

I was thinking of trying to use it with some socket wrenchs. *I'm not
sure what this type of drill is called. I've always called it an auger
drill, but I don't know the exact name.
It has two teeth which grabs the drill bits. *I was wondering if
someone makes an adapter that would securely fit this drill that has a
3/8" square end for deep sockets

I know this is odd, but I sometimes work out on a farm putting in lag
bolts on fences. *My cordless drills seem to die at the worst time.
Utilizing this type of setup would help in a pinch.

Robin

Rent an impact driver to see if it suits your application. If it does,
buy one of your own. Makita is very good, others may be equal to the
job. Look for a fairly high impact rating like 1000 inch-lbs or more.
Then be sure your lag bolts are decently graded. There is a lot of
grade 2 or less stuff out there. The right grade and size lag should
drive without any need to a lubricant. Deck builders do this
routinely.

Joe