Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Tiling advice (floor and walls) - lots of questions

David Robinson
wibbled on Sunday 18 July 2010 22:47

I'm printing all this out so I can refer to it as I go along!

You might want to type it up into a summary document

And do vet it - one of us (me included) might be talking doobries, so do
give more weight to things where more than one person agrees

Another question: in the corners (and floor / wall joint, and tile/
bath joint) I'm intending to use silicone. Do I leave a small gap
between the tiles to fit this in, or butt them up and put silicone on
top?

Gap - absolutely. About 4mm. A bead on the surface is apt to fall off. A
bead in a gap can suffer quite a lot of damage before it fails to do its job
- particularly around baths.

--
Tim Watts