Posted to alt.home.repair
ShadowTek[_2_] ShadowTek[_2_] is offline

Default French Drains, Best Cover Material?

On 2010-07-18, Tony wrote:

That sounds like a great plan if you are going down to the footer or
further. If it's up higher it won't do much more than rain gutters and
proper grading would do.

As decribed in my other post, the grading sucks, and there isn't
anything that can really be done about that. There's less that 10 feet
to work with from the side of the house to the neighbor's fence, and we
have several maple trees in the front that aren't going anywere.

There are 3 gutters that empty onto that side of the yard, and I piped
them all together and ran them below the back yard last year. It worked
just fine, but there's still way too much water in that area, even without
the gutters' help.