Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Earth for new CU

On 17/07/10 18:59, js.b1 wrote:
On Jul 17, 6:37 pm, wrote:
Thinking of putting in another CU. Can I take the earth to
the first CU or do I have to take it to the earth rod?

Generally the earth rod 6491X would be taken to your own MET, Main
Earthing Terminal. These are range from a simple nickel plated brass
block with screws (£2-4 off Ebay) to fancy brass type mounted on
Phenolic (£20). Basically if the DNO does not provide you with an
earth (TN-S or TN-C-S/PME) then you provide one yourself AND maintain
it yourself.

Like this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-WAY-EARTH-NE...item255aa68f16

8 WAY EARTH / NEUTRAL METAL CONNECTOR / TERMINAL BLOCK

[g]