Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default looking to use an old manual drill fwith sockets

On Jul 17, 9:37*pm, rlz wrote:
I have an old handcrank drill (see link for similiar style)

http://ecoble.com/wp-content/uploads...-dril-by-dana-...

I was thinking of trying to use it with some socket wrenchs. *I'm not
sure what this type of drill is called. I've always called it an auger
drill, but I don't know the exact name.
It has two teeth which grabs the drill bits. *I was wondering if
someone makes an adapter that would securely fit this drill that has a
3/8" square end for deep sockets

I know this is odd, but I sometimes work out on a farm putting in lag
bolts on fences. *My cordless drills seem to die at the worst time.
Utilizing this type of setup would help in a pinch.

Robin

It's not odd at all. It's a perfect application. Here's a brace
(that's the name of the tool) with interchangeable chucks, and it'll
take sockets.
http://www.garrettwade.com/product.a...cd2=1279428677

They do make 3/8" socket drive adapters, but I'll leave that search to
you. They're cheap enough - figure ten or fifteen bucks max.