Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default squirrel trap plans

This one went out today to my neighbor for testing. Poor guy, I suspect
he's running out of shotgun shells from the sound of things on his side of
the fence.

I am making another, and this one will not rely on a balance point, but
rather a trip that will be set off when the squirrel is at the end of the
tube, and all his weight is over the end of the tube. Like a trap door
effect. Well, there will be a counterbalance, but just enough to pull it
back up to the latch and reset it.

This one was tossed together. Prepare to be amazed and impressed with this
next model. Might even go to Radio Shack and see about battery actuators
instead of manual ones.

Anyway, I'm having fun, and the squirrel raiders are on the decline around
these parts.

I am also sending off for some of that girl squirrel scent at
Gundogsupply.com if I can't find any here locally. All's fair in love and
squirrel wars.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Steve