Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default old delta drill press dp 400

On 2010-07-17, cncmillgil wrote:

thanks, but that link is for the "new" DP400.
looking at the patent label, they are from the 30s!

O.K. Very different, with the same model number. :-)

Can you take some closeups of the bottom end of the quill with
the drill chuck and either put it on a web site and post links to it, or
post it to the dropbox (http://www.metalworking.com) with a matching
explanatory ".txt" file, and then post the URL and the filenames here?
Maybe we can figure it out from the photos.

Whats a good rust preventive to coat the unpainted surfaces?

Vactra No. 2 if you have it. (Lathe and mill Waylube.)

WD-40 is useless long term.

Maybe chainsaw bar/chain oil -- I've heard that it is as tacky
as Vactra No. 2.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564