Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Windpower, other thoughts on deign? was Solar power

Sunworshipper on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:03:08 -0500 typed

Or try a Stirling, if you just want a small project. No pressure gauges, no
feed pumps, no blowups, no boiler cleaning...

I saw a cool one just today on a video, used a magnet for a piston and
copier toner for the sealing ring in a glass tube. Now that is
thinking !

As for the wind power part. Anyone know what the pressure front is
called?

"standing wave" is what I'm thinking of - there is probably a
technical term in fluid dynamics that applies.

Like how the air is turbulent upwind of a building that snow
banks are eaten away to the ground. Or maybe how the grass bends over
on the side of the road before the vehicle gets there. Subsonic
pressure front? I'd like to read up on it if I could cause the wind
blows here quite well at times, was thinking of DC lights for the shop
so the wife doesn't bitch about having lots of light.

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!