Posted to uk.d-i-y
rbel rbel is offline

Default Tiling advice (floor and walls) - lots of questions

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:06:20 +0200, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 16/07/2010 19:29 Cicero wrote:

An electric cutter with a water bath can be very messy so try to do your
cutting outside if you want to avoid the cleaning.

And try to avoid February inside a garage with the door wide open...

I chose May/June outside wearing oilskins!

I used a Wickes badged (wet bath) electric cutter when we tiled our
kitchen walls and floor. I started off with the blade that came with the
machine but soon realised that it was not up to handling the exceptionally
hard porcelain floor tiles we had chosen - £35 investment in a Macrist
blade solved the problem and was well worth it. From memory we damaged
just one tile due to cracking/chipping and that was during the removal of
a sliver of one edge. I became reasonably adept, even cutting square and
oblong holes in the centre of tiles to receive sockets and switches.

--
rbel