Posted to alt.home.repair
Elmo[_6_] Elmo[_6_] is offline

Default Two pool questions: What "mortar" or "grout" to use; and how to get rid of green (algae?) spots?

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 04:26:31 -0700 (PDT), ransley wrote:

Do you pay someone to test the pool

I test it myself every few days and once a month I bring a sample to the
pool store for detailed analysis. The phosphates are a tad high but the
chlorine is dead on correct (at 4ppm).

I have a power washer (which wasn't meant for underwater use) which I might
try. Plus I might have to buy the very expensive algaeside and/or phosphate
reducers.

I wonder which is better in the long run:
- Killing the algae (it will come back) ...
- Removing the phosphate (it will come back too) ...

Any experience to share?