Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stu Fields Stu Fields is offline

Default Solar power

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
azotic wrote:

"Stu Fields" wrote in message
.. .

There was no detail only a teaser that DOE was interested in getting
their SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) money out there and
spent before they lose it. I can remember having to come up with
something to spend the SBIR money so that we could get some next year.
GEESH..I sure hope we get more and bigger government to take care of
me...

Request research funds to devise a method to tax the electricity
individuals
make with solar power at home for thier own use. Off grid people are of
course not paying thier fair share of taxes.

Best Regards
Tom.

Off grid people of course dont get the benefits the on grid tax payers
get.
So its seems fair to me that we( off grid folk) dont pay the tax to which
you refer. .
Afterall (correct me if im wrong) you dont pay for services you dont get.
Ie you dont pay your plumber or whatever if hes not doing anything for
you.
Off grid electricity cost more per watt than on grid. It does have its
compensations tho.
If anyone is interested , weve been off grid for some 40 yrs, and our
setup uses the following.
Ex British rail standby signalling alkaline batteries, I bought them at
10 yrs old at £30.00 a ton, had 3 tons. Have a useful life in excess of 50
yrs.
We used from the 70 crates, there in 316 stainless steel in hard wood
boxes, some 20 at present, powering a 3kw outback system.
We charge them with a 6kva Lister diesel generator controlled by an
Outback mate.
Recently, we came by 1000 galls of diesel fuel at £1.00 a gallon. so weve
plenty put by. The proper pump price of this tax free tractor fuel here in
the UK is £2.50 a gallon.
we plan to cut this generating cost by building a 48v. DC generator