Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default squirrel trap plans

"Steve B" wrote:

How
many did you get today?

2 days, no captures. The video camera is flaky- but I've got video
of a blue jay and a chipmunk cleaning up the peantbutter. . . .

And several of a very acrobatic squirrel who has discovered that the
key is to go into the 'dunking' end, and don't slow down. Then he
pops out of the 'entrance' end and clans up the peanut butter he grabs
on the way through.

So the width of the barrel and length of the tube is important--- but
4" is plenty for 'my' squirrels.

I've been having some luck catching chipmunks in a 5 gallon bucket
with a handful of sunflower seeds thrown on the water's surface. So
I put some peanutbutter on some bits of Styrofoam and tossed them into
the barrel to see if I can entice him to go swimming.

Had my first fresh picked peach in 3 years yesterday. Heavenly.

Jim