Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Tomato cages

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Fence? Deer can jump an 8 foot fence with room to spare.

True, but a 6 foot fence can be part of an interesting array of common
garden structures which will deter deer. You know what I mean, so
there's no
need to explain further.

Land mines, and sniper towers? Stalag Tomato 13?

Please bottom post like a normal person instead of someone who desperately
needs to be different, and for no good reason.

Onward: If the area inside the fence is crowded with things that make the
deer nervous about a landing (or launching) place, the fence will work. When
my fenced area had none of these things, the deer entered every night. As
soon as I added tomato cages, very tall bean poles, cold frame and other
annoyances, the intrusions ceased completely. This has worked for 6 years so
far.