Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Router lift recommendations

On 7/16/2010 12:44 PM, Pat Barber wrote:
I have had this one for a few years and as far I can tell, they
make them for several other folks:

http://www.jessem.com/MAST-R-LIFT.html

It is a excellent, well made product.

Has anyone bought or used a router lift that they
really like or should stay away from?

Considering one for my Bosch router. Leaning
towards the Bench Dog ProLift.

MJ

Amazon.com prices:
Bench Dog ProLift - $325
Triton 3-1/4-HP router with built-in lift $270
Triton 2-1/4 HP router with built-in lift $220
Check the customer reviews, Tritons get high raves. I bought the
smaller router myself, it came with both 1/4 and 1/2 collets. I
installed it with a Rockler aluminum router table plate, total cost
still far less than the Bench Dog. The set-up is rock solid. I can now
accurately adjust my router up/down in .001 increments (confirmed with a
digital height gauge) in mere seconds, couldn't be easier. I also like
how the Triton automatically locks and unlocks the collet when I raise
and lower the router for bit changes.