Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Paper shredders for the office

Living alone, and being of sound mind (was that you, honey?) and over
18 years old. I took the grinder machine off my shredder. Faked out
the safety switch, and strapped it to the wall over a 13 galon kitchen
basket.

I would never suggest that anyone else defeat safety mechanisms. You
could perhaps take the short-basket model you mention. Saw the bottom
off the basket, and strap the whole thing (shredder, and basket with
open bottom) over a larger trash bin. That way, the small, open-bottom
basket would act as a shield, and keep peoples fingers away from the
gnashing of teeth and weeping and wailing and such.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Randy" wrote in message
Anyone here use or know of a good paper shredder? I'm looking to
replace my Executive machines model that died, (it was a long slow
death). I checked it out and the plastic spacers that keep the knives
apart are broken/gone, the knives now bind up and overload the
machine. I did consider machining some aluminum spacers and
rebuilding the whole thing but I don't think it's worth it.

I want cross cut, at least 8 sheet capacity, and BIG!! By that I
mean a good sized basket underneath. Every shredder I look at now
has the basket built in and safety locked. But the baskets are small!
I shred EVERYTHING, not just the important stuff, gives thiefs about
900% more to look through and peice back together. I would love a
machine that is about 30-36 inches tall VS the 18-20" that i'm
seeing. Hell 40-48" would be OK, I can still reach it from my desk
chair.

I did find tall models like this but they were over $1000.00

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.