Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default water feature...

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Owain wrote:
On 16 July, 20:03, Tim Lamb wrote:
It is actually the yard where my father's dairy cows stood waiting to be
milked. ....
Hmm.. bit trendy. I'm looking for the Victorian era mode.

An eternally dribbling pump and barrel might be more the thing then.

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/new...n-barrel-water
-feature-p-1548.html?cPath=1_160
Owain

how about an authentic two holer,. complete with newspaper, buckets and
flies?

Oh.. you wanted water as well. Hmm. dig a cess pit and plumb in a
couple of cisterns then.

Mains drainage since 1975 but, in this drought, you can see the weeper
pipe routes under the lawn from the old dairy waste system.

I cant understand why people who love all things Victorian, never seem
to install Victorian toilets.

A coal fired cooking range, single glazing, zero insulation, and the
odd paraffin stove, Hurricane lamps and a bit of rotting lino to ensure
copious condensation would complete the experience I feel.

The previous tenants to my father took in washing and he *inherited* two
solid fuel boilers; a bit like engineered missionary cooking pots.

Part of my youth was Friday night stoking the boiler cooking beetroot
for sale the following day.

One of those would make a really serious *gurgle*:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb