Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric Meter

On 7/17/2010 1:50 AM, Proteus IIV wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:16 am, The Daring Dumbassthe-daring-
wrote:
On 7/16/2010 6:07 AM, Proteus IIV wrote:

On Jul 13, 8:04 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 7/13/2010 1:40 PM, Proteus IIV wrote:

On Jun 19, 7:44 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 6/19/2010 12:58 AM, Proteus IIV wrote:

On Jun 19, 12:57 am, The Daring Dumbassthe-daring-
wrote:
On 6/18/2010 8:05 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Power company came out today and replaced the old mechanical meter with the
new fancy-schmancy one.

Chatting up the meter-man, I learned:

1. The old meters are going to be junked. Not sold to Mexico or Lithuania
like the 'phone company did with their mechanical central office stuff.
We're talking, oh, one million meters in a city of 5.5 million. That's a
pretty big pile.

2. His quota is 60-100 meters swapped out per day.

3. One purpose is to allow the meter to be read from the street.

4. It is alleged I can check my meter on the 'net. We'll see.

I view Smart Meters with the same suspicion that I have for
OnStar. Perhaps I'm just paranoid? Aluminum foil hats don't
work, it's already been tried.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

TDD

YES
BUT HAVE YOU TRIED GROUNDING YOUR TIN HAT
USE A 14awg STRANDED CONDUCTOR WHEN YOU USE IT [:-)]

I AM PROTEUS

RAM hats work much better and can be quite stylish too!
My favorites are EM shield undergarments.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

TDD

THAT'S NICE I SEE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT
BUT YOU MSSED THE WHOLE POINT

I AM PROTRUDING

Ah! A Protozoa, I've never carried on a conversation with an acellular
creature before. 8-)

TDD

I HAVE NEVER GOT A RESPONSE FROM A DIRTBAG BEFORE [:-o]

I AM PROTRUDING

I am not a dirt-bag, I am a bag of mostly water, the outer space
alien told me so. 9-)

TDD

YOU ARE A DIRTBAG WITH A SWAMP WATER EMULSION HOLDING YOUR GUTS
TOGETHER [;-/]

I AM PROTOZOA

Dammit! I was hoping to keep that a secret! Privacy is no longer
obtainable in this society.

TDD