Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Lubricant for double-hung wood windows in aluminum track?

On 7/16/2010 4:36 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
I have just finished reglazing one of my double-hung windows with new
thermopane glass, refinished the wood frame and am now ready to
reinstall in the aluminum track. I am thinking WD-40 is not the best
choice for a lubricant; a spray-on teflon might be better. Anyone
have first-hand experience with teflon spray? Any particular brand
names to look for?

TIA for any advice.

I use saw wax. It usually comes in a tube and you push on one end
and it comes out the other sort of like chap stick. It's very handy
for a lot of other things like lubricating drill bits, screws and
drawer slides.

http://www.amazon.com/Olson-Saw-Blad.../dp/B000P4SK9E

TDD