Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT BP again

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:26:44 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 18:08:30 -0400, mm
wrote:

OT BP again

So they capped the pipe.

Where was this cap for the last 89 days? Why don't they have three
of them or more, at least one on each continent where they have
off-shore wells?

That cap was just engineered.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

What one BP guy said since I posted was that they had had the idea in
their head since the leak started, but afaict: didn't start building
it for what I guess was a month or more, or even two.

If they had thought about it and started building it last year, it
would have been done 3 months ago.

What do the other oil companies plan for such an event. Instead of
jut making them testify that BP shouldn't have drilled this well where
it was, did any in the congressional hearing ask about their own plans
in case of a leak?

Why was every procedured they did reported with the caveat, This has
never been done before. Why not?

Depth?

Did they test those in shallow water at least. The news never says.
The news "reporters" probably never ask them.

NASA still managed to test its space capsules before it launched them.

Why haden't they tested all the procedures and devices when they first
started underwater drilling, again when ty started deep water
drilling, and again every time a new procedure or device was
developed?

They had plans, but they included saving the Walrus.

At least that worked. No walruses were killed.

There are oil wells from the 40's-50's in the Gulf... who checks them?