Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Tomato cages

On Jul 16, 11:06*am, ransley wrote:
I have 5 ft tomato cages but the plants will probably reach 7 ft and
are now falling down. Should the plants be pruned, will this encourage
new low growth or limit it, or do I do what I have done in the past,
sink in a 8ft 1x2 and tie them up. I googled but this I could not find
anything. *The best cages I used to have were wire mesh for concrete
and rebar but you need a big place to store them.

Reinforcement wire with a split old garden hose around the top ring
for a cushion. Let the vines double over the cage. 5ft up + 5ft down =
10ft of tomato vine. If they get longer than that you're using way to
much fertilizer.